American Cancer Society
Road to Recovery Race
Fortnite Island Code
The mission of the American Cancer Society is to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support, to ensure everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
American Cancer Society
The Road To Recovery Race is a custom Fortnite multiplayer experience, benefitting the American Cancer Society and inspired by the organization’s Road To Recovery transportation program.
The American Cancer Society is a leading cancer-fighting organization with a vision to end cancer as we know it for everyone. We are improving the lives of people with cancer and their families as the only organization combating cancer through advocacy, research, and patient support, to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
Each year, the American Cancer Society touches more than 55 million lives. Our programs and services provide invaluable relief to people facing cancer. Your fundraising efforts can help ensure that no one has to walk their cancer journey alone.
- $10 can help put free cancer education in the hands of those who need guidance
- $50 could help provide one free ride to treatment
- $500 could help provide ten free rides to treatment
- $1,200 can help provide free lodging for the average guest’s entire stay in a Hope Lodge community
The American Cancer Society’s Road To Recovery program provides transportation to and from treatment for people with cancer who do not have a ride or are unable to drive themselves. Now, you can Race to get people to their treatment center in an exclusive map featuring vehicles, jumps, ziplines, and launchers.
Creators of all sizes on any platform are invited to fundraise. Any Fortnite player can join the race. Drop into the fight against cancer!
Key Partner Information
- Announcements: Starting June 1st, 2023
- Stream Event: June 26th to July 2nd, 2023
- Fundraise $40,000 in benefit of the American Cancer Society
- Announce your participation to your community
- Showcase the event through your charity stream or content
- Encourage your viewers to complete the Calls to Action
- Invite fellow creators to play and fundraise as well
Calls to Action
- Visit your Creator Dashboard on Twitch
- In the left navigation bar, select the ‘Extensions’ tab
- Search for the Tiltify Fundraising Extension using the search bar in the ‘Discovery’ tab
- Click ‘Add/Install’ and follow the instructions to sign in or create an account
- Click ‘‘make one’ in the second line to create a new campaign
- Search for the ‘American Cancer Society Road To Recovery Race’ fundraising event
- Choose ‘Livestream’ and follow the instructions to craft your campaign
- Publish your campaign on your Tiltify Dashboard
- Return to the Tiltify Fundraising Extension Configuration to select your campaign
- Activate the Tiltify Fundraising Extension and set it to your preferred panel
For more detailed instructions and visuals, please visit: Integrating “Tiltify Fundraising” Extension on Twitch
- Launch Fortnite and get into the lobby
- Click change on the game mode button at the right side of the screen
- Select the Island Code tab at the top of the screen
- Enter the unique Island Code: 7870-1488-7775
- Press PLAY to join the Road To Recovery Race!
Road to Recovery
- The American Cancer Society Road To Recovery program provides free rides to treatment for cancer patients.
- Transportation barriers are the #1 reason for missed cancer appointments.
- For people with cancer who have no way of getting to treatment, our Road To Recovery program is there to help. Driving patients to lifesaving treatment is one of the most meaningful volunteer experiences you can have with the American Cancer Society.
We need volunteers so we can help more cancer patients. Unfortunately, we can’t provide rides to everyone who asks us to help them. You can change that.