Whenever I talk to clients about creating more content for their audience and fans, I usually hear a response about how they don’t have the time, the resources, or the technical know-how to make that happen. If you own a smartphone, you are already on your way to being your own media production company. Sure, you might not be shooting a Superbowl commercial from your phone (though some film studios have produced entire movies on smartphones alone), you can create relevant, engaging content that can boost retention and interest in what you do.
To take great photos or videos with your smartphone, you will at most need three things:
- A smartphone
- A few pointers for composing a good shot (video or photo)
- A smartphone tripod or selfie stick to stabilize your camera at a distance
From there, the raw video is often fine for a quick Facebook or Instagram video upload. If not, the typical smartphone has a built in photo and video editing app. There are also some great solutions available from third parties as well.
If you aren’t sure what to take pictures or videos of, here are some ideas:
- You or your team in action
- A behind the scenes look at how you do what you do
- Respond to something new in the industry
- Give your audience a tip or tell a story
- Ask a customer to give a testimonial
Making content doesn’t have to be hard or complicated. Once you get in the groove of making content creation a regular part of your day, you will find it easier and easier to share cool things with your fans.